Friday, August 3, 2012

New to Blogging

Hello out there!! My name is Brittany, I'm the owner of the etsy shop, Harris Hobby Home!

As a first time blogger I find it quite entertaining how nervous I am. I find my head swirling with all sorts of questions ranging from do I tell them my life story right off the bat or how exactly does this blog thing work. Well as you all can tell, and I'm not quite sure who 'you all' really is, I'm new to this. I've had quite a few people mention to me in my 24 years of life that I should start a blog. Mostly I laugh and say what would I blog about. Now since my husband and I started a shop on etsy, I figure what better way to promote ourselves than to blog about it. The frustrations of starting/owning a business, advertising, cross-stitching, painting, this blog will be about it all. We want to make you feel as though you're apart of the business.

So in turn here we are! Now before I throw a whole bunch of links out for you, I will mention that I doubt this blog will be strictly about business. There is bound to be some personal information. That being said I'll start again with my husband and I started an etsy shop called Harris Hobby Home...if you search for it instead of following the link there are no spaces.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HarrisHobbyHome We specialize in cross-stitching, paintings, and dry erase boards. My husband is the painter, though I dabble in painting from time to time. I'm the cross-stitcher and we both do the dry erase boards...I doubt he'll admit to that. We just opened the shop on July 9th of this year so we are fairly new to everything. We don't have many items up, but that also happens to be because we are doing our very first craft show coming up August 18th. There will be a lot more inventory coming soon!!

Now we also have a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HarrisHobbyHome
And for those of you who like to tweet, we also have a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/HarrisHobbyHome

Well I think that's it for this post! I welcome feedback, comments, and followers!!
Happy Blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment